Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing #9 : finding feeds

I tried the different suggested places to find blogs. Here's what I thought:

Topix - Interesting to see a news site using RSS to gather stories. I used the search term "ocean county library" and a list of stories can up, but it wasn't obvious how I could subscribe to that news search. The RSS symbol was all the way at the bottom of the list of stories, and it didn't make clear that clicking on it would create a subscription to my specific search. Still a good resource for newshounds.

Syndic8 - Ugly interface. It locked up the first 2 times I tried to use it. Dead links galore. Yuck.

Technorati - I used the Blogs index to look for food & wine blogs. Some of the blogs in the list didn't seem to belong there, like and adoption journal and a political blog. Still, I poked around and found a few blogs to add (Smitten Kitchen being one that had been recced to me by

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

MR said...

I agree about Syndic8; as Niecy Nash would say, "It's a HOT MESS!"